Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The anger inside

I am angry and that is okay.

Sometimes I get mad and that is okay.

I am mad I was coerced into an abortion.

I am mad I didn't have the emotional strength to say no.

I am mad and that is okay.


I was lied to and that makes me mad.

I was told to have the abortion to keep things secret.

I was scared due to so many lies.

I was betrayed.

The father revealed my secret.


I am angry and that is okay.

Sometimes I am mad at me.

Sometimes I am mad at him.

I am tired of being mad.

I want to be glad.


Dear God,

You are all powerful, great, and merciful. You have blessed me more than I deserve and for that I am forever thankful. But I still struggle with human weakness and need you. I need you to guide me along your path and help me to be as merciful to myself as you are to me. I kindly ask for you to wrap all those hurt by abortion in your loving embrace, to hug us and to wipe our tears away, and most importantly, to help us learn to forgive ourselves and to love ourselves again. 

In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment