Thursday, August 13, 2015

Yes, I believe Roe vs Wade should be overturned

Let me open this post with a prayer as I know that some post abortive mothers may have a hard time reading this. My heart goes out to you.

Dear God, 

Please forgive us all. I pray that all unborn babies are kept safe, that the aborted babies in Heaven forgive us and pray for us, and that all those impacted by abortion feel Your healing grace. God, I give myself to You to do Your work. Please, guide me and help me to quiet my mind so I can hear Your word. 

In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen


I was asked the other day if I felt Roe vs Wade should be overturned. Yes. I do.

Roe vs Wade (1973) ruled a state law banning abortions except to save the life of the mother unconstitutional. The states were not to outlaw or regulate any aspect of abortion. You can read more about the ruling HERE.

If you look back on the history of our planet I think you will recognize that there are been many laws and rulings that just weren't or aren't right or just. Roe vs Wade is one of them. I know the Supreme Court ruled 7:2 but in all reality, they made a mistake. It it isn't the first one in our history. Here are some other things that were not right or just that have changed over time. Women weren't allowed to vote. Blacks were slaves. Blacks couldn't vote. Blacks were segregated. I know you may be thinking that true, but the legal things made these mistakes better. Isn't Roe vs Wade the same? It gave women their rights? Nope. Giving a women the right to commit murder isn't right and I hate to break it to you, abortion is murder. Don't try to sugarcoat it. Face the truth. It is wrong. Abortion should be made illegal. Period.

But what about rape or incest? My heart goes out to the women who are victims of rape or incest regardless of whether or not they get pregnant. What a burden they have to carry. But I ask you this -- is it in their best interest to add a burden on top of that? Why suffer the trauma of rape or incest only to add on the trauma of abortion? These women need better care and support from us. Why not rally and get support groups for these women, wrap them in our love, children can be adopted, and at the end of it all...they will know through all their suffering they gave a child to a couple who truly wanted one.

What if the mother's life is at risk? I say leave this to the mother, the father, the doctors, and her spiritual leaders. As a pro life advocate and Catholic, I value ALL life -- the baby's and the mother's. I don't think there is a one size fits all answer to this. I think of those who have had limbs amputated, etc. Those decisions were made from a medical perspective but I feel this one needs to add in the spiritual perspective too. But saying abortion is legal for all because the mom's life can be at risk someday seems foolish to me. Remember, before Roe vs Wade a woman could have an abortion to save her life. This didn't change because of Roe vs Wade. Roe vs Wade should be overturned.

Still not convinced? What about Hitler and the Holocaust? In Hitler's vision to unite Germany he envisioned all Jews as the enemy and in 1935 the Nuremberg Laws were passed. You know how that story ends but look, here are laws enacted that weren't right or just and guess what? We stood up against them and made a change.You can read more about Hitler HERE.

Join me in standing up for human rights....all human rights...regardless of age, race, born or unborn. ALL life matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment