Wednesday, August 19, 2015

An open letter to those considering abortion

My dearest child,

I am so glad you are here reading this. That gives me hope. Hope that your mind is still open and hope that your heart will lead you to choosing life.

I know for many finding out they are pregnant is a joy-filled moment but we both know (you and I) that feeling joy isn't always the case. As soon as you find out you are pregnant you can be filled with worry, fear, anguish, and a host of other not-so-good feelings. That is okay darling. It is okay to be scared but please, don't make a decision based on fear and please don't be forced into making the choice to have an abortion by someone else. The rhetoric that you can choose, that it is your right, and that it can make your life better is all wrong. Darling, an abortion is traumatic and anything you fear right now pales in comparison to the devastation abortion can have on your life.

I get it. You might be thinking I can't be a mom. I don't or won't have a job. I don't or won't have insurance. I don't or won't have anyone to help me. I can't do this. But darling, you can. Have faith. That little baby in you is a blessing even if you don't see it right now. It may not be a blessing you raise into adulthood. It could be the blessing you give to another couple yearning to have a child so badly, praying for the day they can adopt and hug an innocent life, and willing to help you out.

I get it. Going through an unwanted pregnancy and perhaps telling your parents if you are a minor can be scary. There are loved ones all around you wanting to help you. Go to them. Reach out. It is okay to be vulnerable because God will be there with you. You are not alone and never will be alone.

I get it. I don't know your story. You may be thinking that right now. Your problems and worries seem bigger than anything I am referring to. You are thinking, nope, there is no hope. I have no help but darling, you do. I am not promising an easy road. I am not promising no hiccups or speed bumps or roadblocks. If only I could wave a magic wand and make it all perfectly peaceful for you, I would. But I am telling you this....at the end of the day when all is said and done, you will feel better for choosing life over choosing abortion. Choosing not to kill is always better. You will sleep better. You will live better. You will be happier. Yes, if you give your baby up for adoption you may miss that child and yearn for him or her. But I am blessed to be able to talk to my birth mom. We have that now. Abortion is final. No going back. Please, choose life.

Dear God,

My thoughts and prayers go out to the precious soul reading this letter right now. I understand she may be contemplating abortion. Please let her find your strength within her, guide her to the help she needs in order to choose life. May she feel your comfort and love.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen

Pregnant and need help? Some places you can go...
Your local church
Silent No More
Lifecall
Maggie's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment